“If it were not for the ‘last minute’, nothing would get done.” Dr Agon Fly
Many everyday events and occurrences are important; the kids are crying, the spouse is demanding, the boss is insisting, the grass needs mowed or the snow shoveled, and on and on. Chores, people, TV shows, and even bodily functions are shouting “Pay attention to me!” all the time. These demands are sometimes more urgent than they are important.
Paying your bills is one important everyday activity that becomes urgent when we put it off until the last minute. We tend to pay bills at the last minute because we think of it as an unpleasant activity.
However, paying your bills can also be an excellent exercise in awareness, self-appreciation, and gratitude.
- You can use paying your bills as an exercise in awareness. Paying for the things you bought and used…
- puts money at the center of your focus
- allows you to recognize both the value and the function of money in your everyday life
- lets you re-assess your decisions about money and realign your money usage with your life goals
- Moreover, paying your bills is an opportunity to pat yourself on the back. You work hard. You choose to spend your money in a certain way. Paying your bills, which are the direct result of those decisions, should be a source of satisfaction and self-esteem. If that is not the case, you may want to create greater awareness about the ways you are using the money that flows through your life.
- Finally, paying bills allows you to appreciate and be thankful for the work of the thousands of other Americans—just like you—who go to work every day to make sure…
- your electricity is on
- the grocery store shelves are stocked
- the streets are safe
- the cable or satellite TV is working
- the water is flowing and the sewage is treated
- the schools are open
…you get the picture.
We are entering the fourth quarter of the year. This is the time of year Americans…
· tend to run up the balances on their credit cards and incur other bills that they won’t see until January
· look forward with confidence but set themselves up to look back with regret
EUREKONOMICS™ is an approach to managing the money that flows through your life.
EUREKONOMICS™ lets you make sure you can always look forward with confidence and never have to look back with regret.
If you can delete the misconception from your thinking that paying bills is a burden and a struggle and replace that bad information with an understanding that paying your bills is a EUREKONOMICS™ practice in awareness, self-appreciation, and gratitude, you too will be able to always look forward with confidence and never have to look back with regret.